Saturday, March 21, 2009

In Other News...


While the cops in Barcelona are really asking for it (one day, we'll get them... start plotting now, people!), halfway across the world, some (hopefully) fresh air is blowing through America Latina. It's old news that Funes and the FMLN won in El Salvador, but I wanted to put some some links to some work that some of you have done over there.

Our very own Carmen Andrea Rivera and Eva Lewis did some pre-election analysis for radio station KPFA's La Raza Chronicles: http://www.kpfa.org/archive/id/49053

Also, Joe DeRaymond wrote up a piece, post-election: http://www.lvindependent.org/_mgxroot/page_10871.html

March 24th marks the 29th anniversary of Archbishop Oscar Romero's death. Hopefully his death would not have been in vain.

Desde Dar-el-Beida, drinking my mint tea and dreaming of wine... El Guevon.
P.S.: I cracked my first "joke" in Arabic last night! Well, it wasn't funny, but this old lady laughed. Progress! I'm excited to start my new stand-up routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment