Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Free Jamal Juma' and the Anti-Wall Prisoners

Hey guys,

Now that you have all gained 20 kilos eating all those Christmas chocolates (I'll exclude Nùria because she's actually pregnant - and going to give birth on January 2nd!!), what better way to burn it all off by doing a little activism?!

As you know, I've been helping out with Stop the Wall Campaign here, and two weeks ago, the Coordinator, Jamal Juma' was arrested. It reminds me a lot of Colombia: peaceful activism and advocacy met with jail time or assassination.

I won't bore you with all the details here; you can go to freejamaljuma.wordpress.com for more info. But all you have to do is take a picture saying "Free the Anti-Wall Prisoners" from wherever you are, and send in a picture! We are going to use your pictures in our days of action for the prisoners.

So start snapping away and send them to me or to global@stopthewall.org. I'll leave you all with a pretty cool video for the Free Jamal Juma' and the Anti-Wall prisoners campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment