Sunday, September 6, 2009

First Day of Class

Sorry I haven't written, things here aren't nearly exciting as rebellious mountain dancing in the Turkish Southeast. By the way, I have been meaning to put up a video of this incredible Kurdish dance group, but everytime I spend an hour uploading it, at the end it says error. So until I can show you all the video, here is another one that is equally interesting.



Other than that, I started my first day of class today at the University of Damascus. It's ok so far, we'll see how it goes. I have a new roommate, a middle-aged Syrian man who is really nice and teaches me Syrian Arabic, but seems to sleep a lot. Maybe talking to me makes him tired.

Ok, that's it for now. Everything good. In Iraq, I guess things seem to be heating up between the Kurds and the Arabs, over Kirkuk's oil. And Iraq and Syria are having a little fight. US bombing Afghans and Pakistanis. Everything normal.

2 comments:

  1. that video just hipnotized me... probably the most informative thing I've ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that when the US bombs Afghanistan and Pakistan and Iraq, and people are killed, always say "collateral damage", as the US never kill innocent people and have never done so in its history! Wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete